So, everybody LOVES Ben and Jerry’s Fudge Brownie ice cream, right? Well, I’ve come up with a healthier, guilt-free version that honestly, beats the hell out of the Ben and Jerry’s brand. Yes, I’m tooting my own horn. TOOT TOOT! That’s why I love being a vegan.. I can STILL eat comfort foods & old faves without supporting unsustainable methods.
1) Soak 2 cups of dates in warm water for a few minutes, then add to a food processor. Add a few heaping tablespoons of cacao, 2 cups of almond flour/oat flour/coconut flour – whatever flour to a food processor and blend that baby up!
2) Once you get that flour-like texture, place wax paper into a baking dish and press “brownie dough” into the dish & pop into freezer to set.
1) Place 1 cup of dark chocolate vegan chips, a fourth cup of non-dairy milk and 2 TBSP of coconut oil into a bowl.
2) Microwave until all is melty & chocolatey goodness.
3) Place in fridge for 15 minutes to cool off and thicken.
AND THE REST IS HISTORY! Top your brownies off with some ganache, nuts, seeds – whatever you like, cut them into spares/circles/rectangles & nosh.
Top these on top of chocolate nice cream and seriously, HEAVEN. You can’t really beat dessert for breakfast. Let’s be real here..
Eat well. Xo, T.