Midterms are now finished & I can finally do what I do best, make my way into the kitchen to create (and share) some recipes with you. SO excited about this.
Ever since I transitioned into becoming a vegan, I made it my mission to follow a few rules:
1) Never give up any ingredients I love (Sorry, but I love EVOO & fats like avocado!)
2) Learn to tweak the recipe to making palatable for myself
3) Keep it simple, easy & convenient
I came across the delicious combination of basmati rice and dahl. This has seriously become a staple in our house because of AMAZING it tastes.. And who doesn’t like indian food? Seriously, we can’t be friends if you can’t hang with indian.
Set up is simple:
1) Cook 1 cup of basmati rice in a rice cooker or whatever you have handy
2) In a large pot, sauté 1 diced onion, a few minced garlic cloves and a small piece of ginger
3) Then add 2 cups of red lentils, 5 cups of water, 1 cup of veggie stock & some spices
Allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes (keep an eye on it!). Then serve some for yourself and satisfy your hanger pangs. I LOVE adding lemon/lime/coriander to everything. Literally.
Eat well. Xo, T.